Tuesday, April 10, 2007

When did kids get the right of free speech?

Sometimes I stumble across news or information that makes me wonder "What the &*@?"

Today the news is "Court Upholds Expletive Laced MySpace Posting". Read the story, then read the actual court decision.

Lawyers like to make things complicated, but I understand some of what the decision says ;). What I can't get around though is the fact that this very troubled juvenile delinquent is now some kind of hero for the rights of free speech. If she isn't now, she will be soon.

I have more questions than I have answers. I am flabergasted about how children are allowed to behave today. Should a child be rewarded for acting out like this? I also wonder where the parents are in all of this. Do they stand behind their daughter's actions?

I could continue my ramble and rant, but I'll let the news stand and continue to wonder.

No comments: